Brazilian Cheese Rolls
- ½ cup melted butter
- ½ cup cocount milk
- ½ cup water1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ teaspoons sea salt
- 2 cups (about 245 grams) arrowroot powder*
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 8 oz freshly grated goat cheddar
- Preheat oven to 400ºF and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine milk, water, butter, and vinegar in a small pot and place over medium-high heat. Bring to boil, whisking occasionally to incorporate the butter and milk.
- Put the arrowroot powder and salt into the mixing bowl of a stand mixer.
- Pour the hot milk mixture into the bowl over the arrowroot and mix on low until smooth. It will look stringy. Once the dough is close to room temperature, mix in the eggs once at a time, beating in between, until fully incorporated.
- Turn the mixer to medium-high speed and mix until the batter thickens and is smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Add the cheese and beat just until combined.
- Scoop up two tablespoons of dough, and drop onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until golden and puffed.
- Eat warm. Cool any leftover to room temperature, then store in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Reheat in a low oven before serving.